Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fake It Till You Make It

How do I sum up life these past 6 months of expecting twins? Unpredictable and uncomfortable, physically, that is. I tend to think of myself as organized, motivated, and a dreamer. It only takes a huge life change to shake my confidence, motivation, and routine.

I went from homemade treats (as therapy for myself and bonding time with my children) and new exciting meals, to pretzels, pretzels, and more pretzels, and "breakfast for dinner for the 15th time this month."

Why do I tell you this? Because with much time and humility I've come to accept my situation, my family's particular season. Costco's Krusteaz's 10 lbs. bag of pancake mix has become a dear friend as "easy and healthy" has overtaken many of my "healthiest" options I used to be so anal about. Someday I'll have more time to bake and cook. This is a season. Seasons bring change, including personal reflection. Every new season brings the decision as to what is necessary: good, better or best.

We're happy to be striving for better over at this ever changing household.

3 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

Well said!

Ann said...

It is so true, that these "seasons" of our lives humble us and help us to realize that sometimes, we have to let go for a little while. You're doing so great. :) We always have a 10 lb bag of Krusteaz, too, just in case. :) Love you!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

you know, this morning i would have loved to have had a 10 lb. bag of krusteaz pancake mix. i've been so tired because of a project i've been working on. and this morning ravi woke me up and informed me that he only wanted pancakes for breakfast. i was so exhausted, and all i wanted to do was add water to a pancake mix...but instead i made them from scratch. they were good, but i really think i would have rather made them from a mix and gone and slept on the couch for another hour.